You are here: Home | Regular and family | Employment and training

Employment and training

Where to start

Transition from military to civilian life is a time of great change for you, so planning ahead is essential.  Careers Transition Partnership (CTP) provides resettlement advice to all members of the Armed Forces. Find out what programme you're entitled to here.

Skills Development Scotland (SDS)

SDS is the Scottish Government's national skills agency and works closely with CTP.  SDS provides support for service leavers, veterans and families, including those of serving personnel, through its My World of Work programme. In Moray and HIghland SDS offers service leavers a one hour session with a qualified Careers Adviser to help you make an informed decision about your future career and so make best use of your CTP resettlement programme.

SDS can also support you with:

Jobcentre Plus

If you are struggling to find a job your local Jobcentre Plus is there to help you into employment as well as to help with benefits.  As part of their service they can arrange funded short training courses to help you get certificates needed for certain jobs, such as, construction and child care.  Find your nearest Jobcentre Plus