You are here: Home | Regular and family | Housing


Setting up home

Finding somewhere to live is a priority for everyone. Here you can find information to help you find a home, things to do when you move in and who to contact if you are at risk of becoming homeless.

If you're a service leaver or veteran you'll need to decide whether to buy, rent privately or register for social housing. A good place to start is your local council's housing options guide. Serving personnel can receive advice from Joint Services Housing Advice Office (JSHAO).

Both Moray and HIghland Council ensure their social housing policies do not disadvantage members of the Armed Forces community. If you want to buy or rent privately there are schemes and organisations that can help.